Multimedia Reporter | The Kerrville Daily Times, Kerrville, Texas | July 2012 — present
• Writes, shoots, edits and produces online videos and photo slideshows for The Kerrville Daily Times’ website and YouTube; received 1st and 3rd place for news videos at 2012 Texas Associated Press Managing Editors competition.
• Uses social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter to engage audience and promote multimedia content
• #TeamJohnny social media campaign received 1st place for STAR Online Package of the Year and Team Effort journalism at 2012 Texas Associated Press Managing Editors competition.
Web Producer Intern | ABC Channel 10, San Diego, Calif. | Spring 2012
• Wrote, edited and published online articles for 10News.com team, including breaking news
• Assisted iTeam in data analysis and computer-assisted news reporting
• Created, edited and published online videos, photo slideshows, data spreadsheets, and infographics and maps
Reporter | Journalism and Media Studies, San Diego, Calif. | Spring 2012
• One of two JMS students selected to produce news packages for 2013′s Hearst Competition
• Wrote, shot, edited and produced two news packages using Final Cut Pro
Anchor / Reporter | Aztec News, San Diego, Calif. | Fall 2011
• Anchored fall semester of Aztec News for Broadcast Journalism course
• Created two news packages for broadcast using Final Cut Pro
• Helped rewrite and edit newscast with Producer
San Diego State University, San Diego CA | BA in journalism with French minor
Graduated — May 2012
Distinguished Honor — Outstanding Graduate in journalism
Member — Kappa Tau Alpha and Phi Kappa Phi honor societies
For more YouTube videos, please visit Beth Elderkin’s YouTube Channel.